Monday, August 2, 2010

Reading ‘THE LAST LECTURE’



I’m now reading the book ‘THE LAST LECTURE’ by Randy Pausch. This is a gift from my sister for me. Although there are too many words I can’t understand, but I continue reading it. My reading progress quite slow but I will try to finish it. I find it’s really an interesting book, and I would like to share some phrase of this book.


Randy Pausch, who have a nice family, with his wife and three young children, a computer science professor at Carnegie Mellon had recently been diagnosed with terminal cancer, are asked to giving the lecture. This might be his last lecture since he still has few months to live. The title of the last lecture is ‘ Really Achieving Your Childhood Dreams’.


And now I will write down the phrases that inspire me so much.


“We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.”


What can be the worst thing beside of find out the fact that the rest of our own life just remains few months?


I can’t imagine what my reaction is, if the doctor told me that I have a terminal cancer and I have just few months to live. When the doctor told Randy Pausch this bad news, he cried. But after he cried, he choose to live the rest of his life with his family and his career by optimistic. The life has too many obstacles that we needed to face. We can’t get away and we needed to face it. But how we faced it is up to us. With pessimistic? or optimistic? There are too many of us give up so easily. Some of the pessimistic even choose to suicide for trying escape the problem, but is it really work? I don’t think so.


The second phrase I would like to share is:


“The brick walls are there for a reason. They’re not there to keep us out. The brick walls are there to give us a chance to show how badly we want something.”


One of the dreams that Randy Pausch make when he small was become stuff in the Disneyland Imagineer. Two decades later, he got his PhD in computer science and he applied for the Walt Disney Imagineering job. But he failed because there are not any positions which require his particular qualification. Randy Pausch didn’t give up, he showed his perseverance and finally he becomes the Imagineer. His childhood dream finally become true.


When we need something, we must show how badly we try to get it. Usually we can’t get it as easy as we think. There are always some obstacles to block us getting the thing we want. So what should we do? According to the law of attraction, we need to have enough strength to think that we need and we want the thing. I also face so many brick wall in my life. But there are too easy for me to raise up the white flag.


(to be continued, I haven’t finish reading…haha)

4 comments:

aHlanG said...

happy reading ^^..hopefully can share bit after read

弥陀之家 said...

nice phrases to share, enjoy your reading>_+ wao your english so good hehe, make me embarrasing niah haha

弥陀之家 said...

如果他可以认识观音菩萨或者药师佛,可能这就不是他的最后的演讲。阿弥陀佛,希望他可以往生极乐世界净土。

我是傻佬 said...

哈哈,他比较喜欢去天堂啦。

其实每个宗教都一样的,三更要死,就不能拖到四更。

Post a Comment

 

虎影虎踪 © 2008 . Design By: SkinCorner